A permanent learning objective ensures that participants of a group to master a preset level of knowledge before the set review date, and maintain their knowledge on a minimum level after this date.
A permanent learning objective in Drillster is the mechanism that keeps participants on a continuous level of knowledge and awareness, because individual participants will receive notifications to update their knowledge just before they tend to forget. Drillster will notify them to practice just before their level of knowledge will drop under the preset minimum level.
Permanent learning objectives can be set in the overview screen of a group:
- Go to the overview screen of your group.
- Select one or more drills, using the check boxes.
- Click the drop down menu 'Actions' (▽) and select 'define learning objective'
- Select 'permanent' at the learning objective type.
- Fill out the form:
Details learning objectives
- Minimum proficiency: This can be 100% or less. If a drill contains a lot of questions you can set intermediate learning objectives. e.g. You can choose to add 25% to the proficiency score every week. Starting in week one, the minimum proficiency is preset on 25%, in week two 50%, etc.
- Review date: Date on which the participant must have reached the preset minimum proficiency score for the first time. Note that Drillster checks if the participant reaches the desired minimum proficiency before the preset date.
- Decreasing minimum: This is the acceptable level to which the once achieved minimum proficiency score may drop to. e.g. If the minimum proficiency score is preset on 100%, the decreasing minimum can be set on 80 or 75%.
- If the proficiency level of an individual participant drops under the decreasing minimum, Drillster will report that de learning objective has not been achieved. If notifications are set, Drillster will notify the participant.
- startup email: This email will be sent to all participants in a group when a learning objective is set. By clicking the link in this email, participants will be redirected to the drills for which the objectives are set.
- 1st reminder: If at 25% of the time till the review date, and the participants proficiency level is less than 25%, a first reminder will be sent.
- 2nd reminder: If at 50% of the time till the review date, and the participants proficiency level is less than 50%, a second reminder will be sent.
- 3rd reminder: If at 75% of the time till the review date, and the participants proficiency level is less than 75%, a third reminder will be sent.
- If a participant has achieved the learning objective but its proficiency level drops under the decreasing minimum, a notification will always be sent. This notification will be sent once.
- Click 'create' to set the learning objectives.
- Saved learning objectives can be found, adjust and deleted via the tab 'Objectives' within the group.